Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quoteworthy Quotes

I always wanted to be somebody…I guess I should have been more specific. –Lilly Tomlin

There's nothing like a lifetime of dabbling among diseased carcasses and lethal bacteria for breeding tranquility of mind. –James Harriot

I don't know anything. –Socrates

Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also. –Marcus Aurelius

The body of Benjamin Franklin, printer, like the cover of an old book, its contents torn out, and stripped of its lettering and gilding, lies here, food for worms. But the work shall not be lost, for it will, as he believed, appear once more in a new and more elegant edition, corrected and improved By the Author. –Ben Franklin's Epitaph

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve -Bilbo Baggins
 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, good old Bilbo. He's awesome.

    I can't believe you like Animorphs! I don't know anyone else who liked that series and it makes me sad. Animorphs was awesome. I especially loved the Andalite chronicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Sorry to spam you comments...) I'm trying to send you an email and can't find your address anywhere. Most bloggers post it on their site. If you want to send me an email at teralynpilgrim at yahoo dot com I have some advice for you.

    ReplyDelete