Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Getting Started

I thought it might be interesting to try out this blogging thing. I read other blogs often enough and thoroughly enjoy those experiences, though at times it feels a bit like snooping through the pages of private journals. Maybe that's why it's so fun. Still, reading other's thoughts and ideas is one thing; throwing my own out there for examination and scrutinization is a whole other ballpark.

I'm going to cheat here and let Myers-Briggs introduce me. Creepiest day of my life was reading their description of the INFP personality type. I started looking around for the hidden cameras. Seriously, how could they know me, and apparently all those other people somewhere out there exactly like me, that well? It was like I was an unknowing participant in an observation study—they had me down pat. (Hit it Shrek! [insert music note here] "And then I saw my face" do do da do "now I'm a believer" do do da do…) Ok, stopping.

My favorite part was Myers-Briggs confirming I have a natural propensity for writing. My dad is a writer, and I'm a lot like him, but somewhere along the line I went off the deep end and majored in biology. Then I found myself and got a job as a biology content writer. That was fun. Now I'm writing YA (young adult) novels in my abundant spare time. That's even funner. More fun. Whatever. Maybe in a few years I'll try writing OA (old adult) novels. I'll query it just like that, too. (In Brian Regan voice: "Will you read my old adult novel?...PLEASE?...It's for old people. Like you.") That'll go well.

So I guess that's me in a very small and slightly cracking nutshell. Stay "tuned" for more funness (insert music note here) just around the river bend! (Stop groaning).


 

4 comments:

  1. I'll break the ice and make the first comment. Is it wrong to follow your own blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny. I laughed out loud at OA novels. I remember I used to tell people I wrote adult novels, and then I learned that phrase has a very different meaning from what I intended. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Not that I want to let a mental disorder that I didn't even know existed most of my life define me. I'll let Myers-Briggs do that. Creepiest day of my life was reading their description of the INFP personality type."

    Haha! My thoughts, exactly, word for word. (I'm INFP too :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small world, Kaya. (I like your name, by the way). Hey, maybe I should start a poll, see the personality stats of the visitors to this blog (and hope I actually get some visitors). Considering the content of this blog, most are likely to be writers. It would be interesting to see if INFP dominates.

    ReplyDelete